All studends enrolling in HCSD need to be up to date on their immunizations. California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade and all students advancing to 7th grade before entry. Parents must show their child's Immunization Records as proof of immunization. To ensure your child can start school, please make sure ALL forms and immunizations are completed BEFORE the first day of school.
*Under a new law, SB277, beginning January 1, 2016 exemptions based on personal beliefs, including religious beliefs, will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into a California school.
For more information about school immunizations requirements and resources, please CLICK HERE.
Starting July 1, 2019, Students Admitted at TK/K-12 Need:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.) For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses (not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses (Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
- Due before the first day of kindergarten
1st Grade Health Exam:
- Report of Health Examination for School Entry is due before the start of 1st grade, or within 90 days thereafter.
Oral Health Assessment Form:
- Report of Oral Health Assessment Form is due by May 31st of the students first year in public school.
7th Grade Immunization Requirement:
- All current and incoming 7th grade students are required by law to have a whooping cough booster (Tdap vaccine) and second varicella vaccine on or before the first day of school. If your child has not had a Tdap vaccine and second varicella vaccine, please schedule an appointment as soon as possible with your doctor and submit documentation to the Crocker school office. *Students who do not have proof of the Tdap booster and second varicella vaccine on file prior to the start of school will not receive their Chromebook until proof of the booster is brought to the school office.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) - 1 dose (Whooping cough booster usually given at 11 years and up)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses (Usually given at ages 12 months and 4-6 years)