Interdistrict Transfer FAQs
What is an Interdistrict Transfer?
- Interdistrict transfers are required to transfer from one school district to another; into HCSD from another district.
Does HCSD accept Interdistrict Transfers?
- Please refer to HCSD Board Policy and Administrative Regulation on Interdistrict Transfers: BP5117
When can I apply for an Interdistrict Transfer into HCSD?
- HCSD accepts applications for interdistrict attendance for new students between December 11, 2023 - January 31, 2024 preceding the school year for which the student may be transferred.
Where can I find the Interdistrict Transfer request form?
- The Inderdistrict transfer request forms will be available online beginning Monday, December 11, 2023 at 8:30 AM thru January 31, 2024 at 4:00 PM. Please contact Margaux Mansfield if you are inquiring about an interdistrict transfer after the priority window has closed.
Once I submit an application, what is the response time?
- Families will be notified of the status of their application no later than the end of the business day on Thursday, February 29, 2024.
- Transfer requests received after the lottery deadline will automatically be added to the transfer request wait list in the order received.
Transfer requests received after the lottery deadline?
- Transfer requests received after the lottery deadline will automatically be added to the transfer request wait list in the order received. Interdistrict Transfer Form: HERE
Questions regarding Interdistrict Transfers?
- Please contact the District Office Registrar, Margaux Mansfield or (650) 342-5193