- When a child is absent because of illness or for doctor or dental appointments, please call the school office at (650) 344-0303 by 9:00 am on the day of the absence and indicate the reason for the absence.
- Please refer to the Student Health and Wellness page for guidelines from our District Nurse on student health.
- Absences for any reason affect the school district’s funding. The district loses revenue each time your child is absent regardless of the reason. In some cases, your child may be provided a Travel Enrichment Study Plan for absenses from school of three or more days due to travel or special circumstances other than illness. If your child will be absent from school, please contact the teacher or principal to inquire about the Travel Enrichment Study Plan. We urge you to minimize unnecessary absences by planning vacations during the school holidays.
- If your child is ill or away from school for any reason, it is expected that the missed work be made up. When a student is absent for more than two days, the parent may request the homework assignment by calling the school office. The secretary will inform the teacher of the request. Please allow 24 hours for the teacher to prepare the assignment.
Tardies (Late Arrivals)
- Students arriving late (which is defined as arriving after classes have been met by their teachers) MUST sign in at the office with an adult before entering the classroom. Please do not go directly to the classroom door or send the students directly to the classroom door. Students will be sent to the office to sign in as tardy.
- Students arriving late feel a loss of classroom participation and inclusion in initial activities. Five minutes of tardiness each day adds up to nearly one-half hour per week. After a one-month period this totals nearly two hours. To help our students clearly see the importance of morning promptness at school the following guidelines will be followed:
- An informal talk regarding the tardiness will occur between the student and teacher, or parent and teacher, depending upon the grade level of the child.
- Should tardiness continue, a conference will be held with parent, child and principal to determine ways to help solve the problem. Individual concerns and circumstances will always be considered as these procedures are followed.
Leaving School Early
- If you must pick up your child before the end of the school day, please inform the child’s teacher and/or the office in advance. If your child is leaving school early for any appointment, he/she must be signed out in the office. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE CHILD'S CLASSROOM TO PICK HIM/HER UP. THIS IS AN INTERRUPTION TO INSTRUCTION.